Friday, April 13, 2012

New Calico Patterns

Letting the super glue dry


Before trimming


The final product

And the result

I decided to sit down at the bench and get little bit more creative with a few of my Calico patterns. After a rather large beer I had few new color ideas pop into head. Not to mention I was drinking the perfect beer for the job. While tying I made sure double up on any areas that need some super glue and reinforcing. After a little bit of trimming I had three new color patterns, along with a couple of my favorites. I was so impatient to try them decided that now was as good as any time to try them out. So at 1 AM I headed out to the break wall with the Raja dog in along for the ride. After a few casts, and a perfect tide, I hooked a solid fish. After Battling the fish for a few minutes a 4 pound Calico came to my net. About 10 minutes later I had another fish slammed my fly. And another solid fish on and this one was 5 pounds. What a good night already. After 3 hours of fishing I had over 20 fish to hand and three of the fish where 4 pounds and above. All I can say is that both me and the pup slept good that night or should I say that morning.       



No comments:

Post a Comment